Monday, January 24, 2011

Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost


Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

3 comments:

  1. love this poem! it is one of my favorites, and I've memorized it. Hope to illustrate it one day. I have an idea in my head, but my talent isn't there yet, lol!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this one, Mo. It is so peaceful. One of my favorites is Frost's "Dust of Snow"
    "The way a crow
    shook down on me
    the dust of snow
    from a hemlock tree
    Has given my heart
    a change of mood
    and saved some part
    of a day I had rued."

    Reminds me of the little blessings of each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Ruthie! Thanks for a moment of poetry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails