Friday, May 21, 2010

Looking Life in the Eyes


I haven't posted a piece of my work for a long time. This one is very personal. The drawing in the lower left is from a print of mine I did years ago. That is appropriate since the piece to me means a lifetime of learning to see what's right in front of you. The quote is from Sara Teasdale.

                                  When I can look Life in the eyes,
                                  Grown calm and very coldly wise,
                                  Life will have given me the Truth,
                                  And taken in exchange - my youth.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork, Maureen. The words in the poem, although beautifully said, are a painful truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A deeply emotional work! Well done Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails