Friday, December 21, 2012

I remember Christmas lights...

I remember Christmas lights! The ones that got hot and were unsafe before we knew they were. They were my favorite thing about the Christmas trees of my childhood. I could lose myself in the bright colorful lights, especially if I squinted and expanded the brightness in my field of sight. It was almost hypnotic. There were also the foil reflectors that accompanied some of the lights - not enough for all of them but for just a few that made those lights extra-special. Today there are more and more lights available to those wanting them - many pretty styles including the vintage shape and colors of the ones I recall; but today they remain cool and are no longer unsafe. But there was just something about those lights of the '50s and '60s!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails