Thursday, August 13, 2009

Favorite Quote Challenge on Melange Team ETSY





I have no question when I have to choose my favorite quote for this Winston Churchill quote has been my mantra for five years now: "When you're going through Hell, keep going!" The photos I assembled for this collage are simply amazing and deserve a long look. The Brits were determined to not let Hitler and the German Luftwaffe drives them to their knees. They stood their ground and with the Americans and other Allied Forces pushed the enemy back. To  contemplate the courageous example of the British people in that time of war and desperation is awe inspiring. The Battle of Britain turned the course of the war. We can all learn from that. How would the world respond today? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased this quote has helped you dear girl...it reminds me of the 'stay calm and carry on' posters...the old photos are riveting...re war tho don't think there are ever any winners...except..in the short term..politicians...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails